Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summer Plans: Stay Local, Eat Local, Read Local

This summer I'm planning on staying local.  So I'll be spending a lot of time in the pool with my children climbing all over me.  When I do get some time to enjoy peace under the sun poolside, I'll be reading local Philadelphia writers.  

Perhaps I'll even run into other writers staying local and shopping at the local farmer's market.  I'd like to say that I'm a foodie who cooks with fresh seasonal ingredients, but I'm not.  That's my husband.  I go to the farmers market for the Apple Cider Donuts. Yum.  Although I can tell you that when figs are in season, wrap them in some prosciutto and Viola!  Perfection.  A recipe even I can handle.

So this is the pile of local writers on my nightstand right now:

You'll recognize some of the names from previous post about readings.  Now that school is out and my book tour has slowed down, I have time to catch up on my reading.  Let me know who your favorite Philly writers are.

I'm starting with Broad Street - an all girl band in the early 90s.  Ah, that'll bring back lots of memories.  Look for me by the pool.  And Read Local this summer.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds challenging and I would love to give it a try! I am heading to the shore June 19th so I'll send a photo!

    ReplyDelete